Ever wonder what happens to the money you submit for your FSMS PTO membership or to the Falcon Fundraiser?
Well, wonder no more!
YOUR membership to the FSMS PTO and YOUR donation to Falcon Fundraising for the school have a huge IMPACT on YOUR student’s experience at FSMS!
Last year, 2018-2019, the FSMS PTO collected nearly $48,000 through donations from your generosity and from corporate sponsorships.
Nearly $25,000 was spent on new furniture for the library. From new high tables and stools to ergonomic workspaces with modular seating, the library is now more conducive for a blended learning environment.
Your financial support also enhanced the student experience in…
- Special Education with new tool kits to continue the progression of students’ skills development;
- ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Special Education with nearly $3,500 in Scholastic magazine subscriptions;
- 7th Grade Health and all PE classes with two new stadiometers that the teachers can use to measure the students’ health metrics;
- Robotics with the procurement of parts and supplies for an underwater ROV to be used by the team participating in the SeaPerch competition;
- Investigating Careers with new computer modules for a wide range of trades, from electronics and applied physics to robotics and plastics and polymers.
We thank you for all your support last year!
But we are not done!
This year, we have already purchased new and updated Atlases for 6th grade Social Studies. PLUS, we purchased a variety of games for the students to play during lunch on Fridays in lieu of phone usage time.
Please continue to donate to the PTO—100% of all donations are used for FSMS students and staff!